Your Google Reputation Stinks and other Revelations
Here are my notes from Andy Beal’s excellent PubCon Masters Group Training on reputation management.
Reputation Management Infographic
Six key tips from Andy:
- Rethink your keywords.
- Be spider friendly.
- Me, myself and we: Avoid third party copy.
- Use good anchor text.
- Build your super brand.
- We’re going to make people love your business through your Web site at Conversion Sciences.
When Under Attack
Be sure to get an early alert. Do a Google audit monthly.
- Look beyond the top 10 for rising threats. Add “&num=100” to your search URL to see top 100 results.
- DON’T PANIC. Bad press may fade quickly.
- Consider asking author to remove negative article or post. A legal threat may be used.
- Be benevolent. Choose the lesser of two evils.
- Look for legal loopholes. Is the publication violating Adsense T&Cs of they use Adsense? Is there defamation?
- Cease and desist letters go a long way.
- If all else fails, sue the bastards.
Protect your online reputation.
Brian Massey is the Founder and Conversion Scientist at Conversion Sciences. He is the author of Your Customer Creation Equation. His rare combination of interests, experience and neuroses were developed over almost 20 years as a computer programmer, entrepreneur, corporate marketer, international speaker and writer.