Your Google Reputation Stinks and other Revelations
Here are my notes from Andy Beal’s excellent PubCon Masters Group Training on reputation management.
Reputation Management Infographic
Six key tips from Andy:
- Rethink your keywords.
- Be spider friendly.
- Me, myself and we: Avoid third party copy.
- Use good anchor text.
- Build your super brand.
- We’re going to make people love your business through your Web site at Conversion Sciences.
You should be in the #1 position for your brand. No one should be able to knock you off.
When Under Attack
Be sure to get an early alert. Do a Google audit monthly.
- Look beyond the top 10 for rising threats. Add “&num=100” to your search URL to see top 100 results.
- DON’T PANIC. Bad press may fade quickly.
- Consider asking author to remove negative article or post. A legal threat may be used.
- Be benevolent. Choose the lesser of two evils.
- Look for legal loopholes. Is the publication violating Adsense T&Cs of they use Adsense? Is there defamation?
- Cease and desist letters go a long way.
- If all else fails, sue the bastards.
Protect your online reputation.