It is rare that my visual live blogs are less visual than the original presentation, but Dan Zarrella’s presentation on Twitter and Facebook optimization is SO choc full of graphs, that I could barely keep up.
So I resorted to banal prose in my notes.
As a fellow scientist (Dan is the Social Media Scientist), I am happy to borrow from his work in doing my own. Here are my notes from Dan’ presentation at PubCon Masters Group Training. I was glad to share the stage with him.
Getting More Followers
“The best way to get followers is to follow people.”
To get more followers:
- Finish your profile.
- Put a link to your website.
- Upload a picture.
The twenty most retweeted words:
- please retweet
- social media
- blog post
- new blog post
- how to
- Over 50% of retweets have links.
- Retweets tend to have larger words. You don’t have to dumb things down.
- Retweets use “novel” or less-used words.
- Retweets are noun-heavy, third person.
- Retweets have more punctuation, even exclamation marks.
- Retweets are less emotional, more conceptual.
- Social behavior is retweeted.
- Men retweet opinion, women retweet entertainment.
- Retweets happen later in the day, after 4:00pm ET.
- Women follow more people and tweet more.
Latest posts by Brian Massey (see all)
- Google Ad Extensions to Improve your Customer Acquisition Efforts - February 5, 2019
- How to Implement Website Surveys without Affecting Conversions – Intended Consequences - January 31, 2019
- Intended Consequences Podcast Season 1, Episode 1: Mouseflow - January 16, 2019