We all know the recipe for success: Reach and Frequency. To grow your business, marketing needs to reach more people more often. Translation: “Work harder.” The modern marketer is responsible for
- Imagining the content
- Developing the content
- Reaching potential prospects frequently with it
- Collecting the leads
- Qualifying them Getting them to sales Maintaining all of the metrics to justify the ROI
As marketers, we need some little monsters handling the details or we will drown in the effort. Marketo just launched a Demand Generation Success Center that shows marketers how to become digital Dr. Frankensteins.
From Drip to Drive
The Marketo resource center provides advice on how to automate the many things that marketers must get done. They don’t just toe the party line.
For example, I believe that marketers should move from “drip” campaigns that “nurture” prospects, to high-impact educational campaigns that drive prospects to engage with you. The new resource center has some brilliant recommendations from me.
- Treat leads as customers. They purchased with their contact information.
- Make them experts at solving the problems they have.
- Wow them with your helpfulness or entertainment value.
- Invite them to “buy” more.
- Treat them like adults. Don’t be afraid to be controversial.
This is all easier said than done, and exactly that’s why you need to install little monsters like Marketo.
Visit the Demand Generation Success Center. Extend your reach, turn up your frequency, and still have time to develop killer cascading content.
Latest posts by Brian Massey (see all)
- How to AB Test Copy to Increase Your Conversion Rate - September 11, 2019
- Hard Questions to Ask Your Agency with Lance Loveday - August 21, 2019
- Why Marketers Struggle and What to Do About It - August 14, 2019