What Form of Form Will Get You More Conversions?
Experience a lift on your contact form conversion rate. Know what form of form you should have on your lead generation site. These best practices designed to increase contact form conversion will definitely help.
Contact forms are the most common way of beginning a conversation between a company and a prospect. In this article, we’ll show you how to get more prospects to fill out your form without reducing the quality of those leads.
What’s the big deal with forms? They have fields. You fill out the fields and you get something you want.
So, why do so many of your visitors fail to fill out your forms?
There is some psychology and some science to getting more form fills, whether you are trolling for leads or asking your visitors to buy something. The folks at SingleHop have done a study and it is exactly what we’ve seen in our testing of contact forms. You’ll learn a lot about increasing contact form conversion from this little infographic.
Contact Form Fields: How Many is Too Many?
As a general rule, the more fields you have, the lower your conversion rate. However, the leads you do acquire will be better qualified. The best way to find the right mix is to A/B test your contact forms.
Generally speaking and to increase contact form conversion, you should avoid:
- Fields that ask for qualifying information that can be found out on a phone call, such as purchase timeframe.
- Drop-down fields that may not contain an answer accessible to the visitor, such as title.
- Drop-down fields that imply something, such as number of employee ranges.
- “None of your business” fields, such as mobile phone, yearly revenue or social security number.
Best Practices to Increase Contact Form Conversion
While you may think your website is selling your product or service, what it’s really selling is a sales call. You must convince the visitor to complete your form.
There are four components that will help you achieve this.
You can build trust by including your phone number and contact information. Sometimes they will call you.
On a mobile device you should optimize for phone calls.
Provide Social Proof
Your contact page should present testimonials and endorsements to make visitors feel comfortable completing the contact form.
Make sure you are building value. What’s in it for the visitor if they fill out the form?
- Who will contact them? A salesperson? A consultant?
- Will there be a hard sell?
- How long will the call be?
- What questions will be answered?
Sell the call to increase contact form conversions.
Use Risk Reversal
Lead generation solutions that deliver. Contact us to generate more and better leads fast.
Get the Call to Action Right
On a contact form, the call to action usually lives on the contact form button. The call to action should communicate what will happen when it is clicked.
Studies indicate that using first person improves conversion rates. Test changing “your” to “my”.
For example “Download your free report” is second person. “Download my free report” is first person.
The Best Lead Capture Forms
The best contact forms don’t assume the visitor wants to fill out the form. Only lonely people fill out such forms.
Instead, your form should give visitors a good reason to complete the form, and build trust with them and explain the value of completing the form.
This is an important step in their journey to solve a problem.
Treat it as such.
- 7 Simple & Effective Ways to Improve Your Email Open Rates - February 23, 2021
- The 3 Most Effective Marketing Strategies For Ecommerce Businesses - December 26, 2020
- Google Ads not Converting? Try These 4 Optimization Tricks - August 6, 2020
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!