Even though the election season is over, I’ve opted to extend the debate and move it into the realm of online marketing. In 4 Anti-Science Marketing Attitudes That Keep Us In The Stone Ages I compare the anti-science efforts used by politicians and their campaigns to the anti-science efforts stacked against you, my fellow marketer.
The most egregious of the anti-science foes is the person who actively campaigns against data-driven marketing, using any of several excuses. You may have heard them yourself.
- Everybody else is doing it.
- It’s not “on brand.”
- I wouldn’t respond to that!
- It’s not creative enough.
- Give visitors the facts and they’ll figure the rest out.
- We sell to everyone!
Read the entire article at Search Engine Land, or listen to the article via the Conversion Scientist Podcast.
Listen | Download | Subscribe
Latest posts by Brian Massey (see all)
- Why Marketers Struggle and What to Do About It - August 14, 2019
- Building a Culture of Experimentation in a Creative Business - July 17, 2019
- Anyone can Plug Into Analytics with Chris Mercer - June 26, 2019