Online Marketing and the Anti-Science Movement [AUDIO]
Even though the election season is over, I’ve opted to extend the debate and move it into the realm of online marketing. In 4 Anti-Science Marketing Attitudes That Keep Us In The Stone Ages I compare the anti-science efforts used by politicians and their campaigns to the anti-science efforts stacked against you, my fellow marketer.
The most egregious of the anti-science foes is the person who actively campaigns against data-driven marketing, using any of several excuses. You may have heard them yourself.
- Everybody else is doing it.
- It’s not “on brand.”
- I wouldn’t respond to that!
- It’s not creative enough.
- Give visitors the facts and they’ll figure the rest out.
- We sell to everyone!
Read the entire article at Search Engine Land, or listen to the article via the Conversion Scientist Podcast.
Listen | Download | Subscribe
- CRO and SEO Working Together with Jason Fisher - November 17, 2022
- Why Web Design for Conversion Needs Science - May 4, 2022
- What are the Steps of Conversion Optimization - August 9, 2021
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] Online Marketing and the Anti-Science … – The Conversion Scientist […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!