What kind of person is “good” at analytics? It’s time to change our opinion of what a “data scientist” is. If you are involved in the care and feeding of an online marketing endeavor, you have to be good at this “data thing.”
Fortunately, this doesn’t mean that you put on your lab coat and pocket protector and spend endless hours combing through data, charts and spreadsheets.
That IS the job of the data scientist. No, you are more of a data detective, finding data to guide your decisions in unexpected places.
- Salespeople and customer support people.
- Live chat transcripts.
- Ratings and reviews from your site or from Yelp.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Do a study.
Check out the podcast or column for the full list.
Latest posts by Brian Massey (see all)
- Hard Questions to Ask Your Agency with Lance Loveday - August 21, 2019
- Why Marketers Struggle and What to Do About It - August 14, 2019
- Building a Culture of Experimentation in a Creative Business - July 17, 2019