If you are building a site as a service website, you have some important advantages when converting visitors to subscribers.
Editor’s Note: While Spinscape is no longer in business, there is something to be learned from my critique of the site.
In this ConversionCast™ we review the conversion strategy for online application Spinscape.com. I am a big fan of mind-mapping software.
The Site as a Service Pattern
This site follows the Site as a Service Web pattern. You can identify your Web pattern by listening to my presentation at Innotech.
The key strategies for a SaaS pattern are:
- Trial or Demo and a Home Page that encourages the trial
- Effective signup Process
- E-mail notifications that encourage use and subscription
Yes, there are more things you could do to increase conversion, but if you don’t get these right, the rest is not going to help much.
If you can delivery what you offer online, you have some marked advantages over other patterns.
- You can move a visitor quickly through the conversion funnel, from awareness to action.
- You can use a trial or demo to begin a relationship with your visitors
- You can find new reasons to email your subscribers using notifications and updates
Enjoy this 15 minute review.
Tell us what your Site as a Service offers in the comments below.
Latest posts by Brian Massey (see all)
- Google Ad Extensions to Improve your Customer Acquisition Efforts - February 5, 2019
- Intended Consequences Podcast Season 1, Episode 1: Mouseflow - January 16, 2019
- Can AI Marketing Tools Increase Your Website’s Conversion Rates? - January 3, 2019