The fight for online leads and sales has traditionally been fought at the search engine. That is changing.
Web analytics, bid management, competitive intelligence, ad testing and ad management tools are all common staples of any serious paid search effort. Return on ad spend (ROAS) is being tracked all the way through the sign up or purchase process and ad strategies are being adjusted accordingly.
Quietly, the battle for online leads is moving to a new front. This new front is measured by revenue per visit, and it’s kissing cousin, conversion rate. Like the tide that floats all boats, website optimization is being seen as the way to reduce all marketing costs by dropping the acquisition cost of new prospects and customers.
Why do we say this is happening quietly? That is the conclusion we came to when examining an unusual data set from SpyFu.com. We were able to determine which businesses had conversion optimization tools installed on their website. This, we reasoned, gave us a pretty good idea of which businesses would dominate in the world of online marketing — assuming they were actually using the tools.
In one report, 73% of businesses are spending between $500 and $5000 per month on paid search ads. Almost a quarter are spending between $5000 and $50,000 per month. Yet, only 14% of businesses have at least one website optimization tool installed.
Who are going to be the winners in this new front? Where does your business fit in this statistic?
To get the most out of his column, download one of the free reports that share all of the data he uses.
In these reports you will learn:
- Why your team needs time to review analytics.
- Why businesses with smaller ad budgets should focus more on acquisition costs.
- How to decrease your Search Ad costs.
- Why you shouldn’t invest in social media sharing.
Latest posts by Luis Ramirez (see all)
- Seasonal Online Retailers’ Optimization Habits - August 17, 2015
- 7 Ideas Stolen from Online Retailers Who Will Kill It This Holiday - July 28, 2015
- 10 Ways to Accelerate and Improve Lead Generation - June 23, 2015