- Imagining the content
- Developing the content
- Reaching potential prospects frequently with it
- Collecting the leads
- Qualifying them Getting them to sales Maintaining all of the metrics to justify the ROI
As marketers, we need some little monsters handling the details or we will drown in the effort. Marketo just launched a Demand Generation Success Center that shows marketers how to become digital Dr. Frankensteins.
From Drip to Drive
The Marketo resource center provides advice on how to automate the many things that marketers must get done. They don’t just toe the party line.
For example, I believe that marketers should move from “drip” campaigns that “nurture” prospects, to high-impact educational campaigns that drive prospects to engage with you. The new resource center has some brilliant recommendations from me.
- Treat leads as customers. They purchased with their contact information.
- Make them experts at solving the problems they have.
- Wow them with your helpfulness or entertainment value.
- Invite them to “buy” more.
- Treat them like adults. Don’t be afraid to be controversial.
This is all easier said than done, and exactly that’s why you need to install little monsters like Marketo.
Brian Massey is the Founder and Conversion Scientist at Conversion Sciences. He is the author of Your Customer Creation Equation. His rare combination of interests, experience and neuroses were developed over almost 20 years as a computer programmer, entrepreneur, corporate marketer, international speaker and writer.