What is a best practice?
Commercial or professional procedures that are accepted or prescribed as being the most effective.
It’s something that works much of the time in similar situations.
What is a conversion insight?
Conversion optimization is finding the unique things on your unique site that drive your unique visitors to do more of what you want them to do.
A conversion insight is something that works for one audience in one situation.
Sometimes a best practice will work in a unique situation. But the two efforts are fundamentally different. Many best practices are informed by a long history of conversion insight.
We don’t have that luxury in mobile. It hasn’t been around long enough for us to identify best practices that are informed by conversion insights. There’s no such thing as a mobile best practice.
Why do we keep asking about mobile best practices?
There are this many ways to potentially increase the UXO of a mobile website.
For someone setting up a mobile website, these look like the eyes of a monster.
So naturally we reach for some guidance when designing our mobile sites. We reach for a swig of best practices. We go looking for a unicorn.
Don’t Be That Marketer
We have tested several approaches that have improved the performance of mobile websites. They have put more money into the pockets of our customers. They have increased call volumes to incredible levels. They have generated new life-giving subscribers.
Some of them might work for you. You should find out for yourself.
Conversion Sciences Reveals Its Secrets
You have three opportunities around the world to hear what we’ve learned about the mobile web this fall.
- Conversion Scientist Joel Harvey can be seen in London, UK on October 28th at Hero Conference.
- On November 5th Joel will be back stateside in Chicago, IL, USA for Content Jam.
- On November 24th, company founder Brian Massey will present at GPeC in Bucharest, Romania.
Our opinions are definitely controversial, but that’s fine with us. When you hear what we have to say, we know you’re going to change the way you treat your mobile visitors. We have the data to back it up.
You’ll walk away knowing:
- Why responsive web design is losing you customers
- How Apple and Android users behave differently
- Why you might need an alternative conversion goal on mobile
- Where to start A/B testing your mobile site
- How to make sure your customers don’t look like this guy by the time your site loads…
Trina Bolfing is the Content Scientist at Conversion Sciences.